JOB TITLE: Specialist - HR Substitute Services
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
ROLE AND PURPOSE: To support the Human Resources function of the district through administrative support of the Substitute Teacher and Substitute Paraprofessional workforce.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Four years of experience in the Staffing function of Human Resources may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management or staffing function required without Bachelor's degree.
• One additional year of Human Resources management or staffing experience required in addition to Bachelor's degree.
• Public school district HR experience preferred.
• Knowledge of workforce management practices.
• Knowledge of employment law as it pertains to workforce management.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem resolution skills.
• Experience in employment selection techniques and practices.
• High proficiency in use of excel spreadsheets to manage data and reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of educational requirements and guidelines pertaining to substitute employment
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
I. INSTRUCTIONAL MANAGEMENT
II. SCHOOL ORGANIZATION CLIMATE
A. Interview substitute candidates and manage the screening process for candidate selection
B. Regularly monitor and report substitute fill rates for all positions by month and make recommendations to address problematic areas.
C. Investigate, refer or address employee relations issues with individual substitutes as appropriate.
Ill. SCHOOL ORGANIZATIONAL IMPROVEMENT
A. Actively recruit qualified substitute candidates to provide adequate resources to the district as needed.
B. Differentiate recruiting needs based on demand to satisfy specific requirements such as science, math, language arts, nursing, etc.
C. Consistently raise our standards for substitute employees to identify and recruit the best qualified candidates available for our district.
IV. ADMINISTRATION AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
A. Assess market data as needed to maintain and recommend competitive rates of compensation for substitutes.
B. Forecast high demand periods for substitute support and resources those needs appropriately.
V. STUDENT MANAGEMENT
VI. SCHOOL COMMUNITY RELATIONS
A. Organize substitute new hire orientation and assimilation events.
B. Act as the intermediary for Substitute Support Services with campus and department administration.
VII. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
A. Identify training needs for the substitute employment population and make the necessary arrangements for that training to be delivered.
B. Regularly communicate with the substitute population on campus news, training opportunities, policies/procedures, etc.
C. As determined by HR Staffing Manager
VIII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Performs other duties as may be assigned by
UPDATED: February 2017 Human Resources Department